BOOK AN APPOINTMENT: 07880-510496 or firstname.lastname@example.org
**Update on CORONAVIRUS circumstances for new and existing clients & supervisees: As per BACP guidelines, I will be pleased to undertake/continue your therapy or supervision online (VSee) or by phone at this difficult time. Many people find that virtual appointments can be a useful way of working when face to face is not possible. Should you have any queries, please do get in touch to discuss or see my Online Counselling page for further information.**
I am a BACP registered psychodynamic therapist and COSCA certified clinical supervisor based in Glasgow city centre. I currently run an independent practice for private and EAP clients, working face to face, online or by phone.
Additionally, I am tutor and supervisor to students on the Postraduate Diploma progamme at Human Development Scotland and supervisor at The Garnethill Centre, Glasgow.
I also have robust experience of working in the public sector including the NHS, criminal justice system and third sector organisations with survivors of torture and childhood trauma.
As a member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), I adhere to the Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and am accountable to the BACP Professional Conduct Procedure. As a registered member of Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA), I am also accountable to the COSCA Complaints Procedure.
My commitment to regular clinical supervision and Continued Professional Development is ongoing and I hold full Disclosure Scotland. I am also a member of EAGALA Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Human Development Scotland (HDS).
There are many different reasons why people may choose to see a therapist.
Perhaps you feel you need some time to talk through recent challenges in your life. Or there may be specific issues or symptoms that you are experiencing (with or without a diagnosis of mental ill health), that you feel you would like to begin to explore and work through.
My aim is to listen carefully to what you have to say and to support you to discover your own solutions (see What is therapy?). It is not my role to give advice. I am able to work with you in the short or long term, depending on your needs and requirements. All therapy is regularly reviewed.
Some of the issues & people I have experience of working with include:
- post traumatic stress (PTSD)
- complex trauma
- childhood trauma & abuse
- anxiety, depression, low self esteem
- anger issues, self harm
- birth trauma, postnatal depression
- loss, bereavement
- relationship issues (individuals only)
- work/study-related stress
- individuals suffering distress as a result of torture, the criminal justice process, war
- individuals who are Asylum Seekers or Refugees (with interpreters)
- Employee Assistance Programmes
Clinical supervision is offered for practising therapists and counsellors in training, face to face in Glasgow, online or by phone. I am happy to work with any therapeutic modality, although my approach is always underpinned by psychodynamic thinking.
An initial no obligation meeting is offered free of charge, thereafter fees are £50 per 50 minutes, concessions may be available for trainees. You are welcome to contact me directly for further information.
As an EAGALA certified mental health professional in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy, I work with clients on an individual basis or in groups. *Unfortunately, this therapy option is not currently available.*
I am available to work on an ad hoc basis with equine specialists requiring an MH partner.
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling Supervision 2018
- EAGALA certification in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Parts 1 & 2, 2016
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling & Therapeutic Care, Human Development Scotland / Glasgow Caledonian University 2013
- Birth/Postnatal Doula, Doula UK 2004
- Diploma of Education in Midwifery, Lothian College of Health Studies 1995
- General Arts MA, University of Edinburgh 1983
- Psychodynamic Ethos & Team Building, HDS 2020
- Safeguarding, FfT 2019; Asylum Process & The Law, FfT 2019; Risk Management, FfT 2019; Working with Interpreters in a Therapeutic Setting, FfT 2019
- Sameness & Difference: ‘Whiteness’ and Therapy Teaching, HDS 2019
- Working with Nightmares & Dreams, Complex Trauma UK 2018
- Loss, BACP Private Practice Conference 2018
- The Impact of Trauma on Children, Practitioners and Services, HDS 2017
- Self Harm & Attachment, Maria Naranjo, SAPC 2016
- Working with Violence in Psychotherapy, Dr Eoin Galavan 2016
- Contact after Contact: the Treatment of Combat Related PTSD, David Harford 2016
- Trauma – the Challenge of our Age? BACP Private Practice Conference 2015
- Reforming Narratives: Is there Life after Punishment? Prof Fergus McNeill 2014; Young People in Conflict with the Law in Scotland, Prof Bill Whyte 2014
- Core Emotions in Recovery from Traumatic Experience, Corrigan & Schwarz, 2014
- Transgenerational Trauma, Judith Fewell, SAPC 2014
- Online Counselling, OCTIA 2013, 2015, 2016
- Healing Trauma the Equine Way, Changeways 2014
- Birth Process (Castellino Model), Early Imprints 2008, 2009, 2011, 2015
- Gentle Birth Companions: a handbook for doulas and parents (Rev Ed) Wysewomen Publishing, 2014
- Birth Space Safe Place: emotional wellbeing in pregnancy & birth Findhorn Press 2009
- Birth Trauma – the psychodynamics of ruptured relationship
- Articles here and here