I am a BACP registered psychodynamic therapist and COSCA certified clinical supervisor based in Glasgow. Currently, I work with an organisation which provides psychological services for people who have experienced torture and organised violence. Additionally, I am a trainer and supervisor at Human Development Scotland (PgDip in Counselling & Human Relations).
As a member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), I adhere to the Ethical Framework for the Counselling Professions and am accountable to the BACP Professional Conduct Procedure. As a registered member of Counselling & Psychotherapy in Scotland (COSCA), I am also accountable to the COSCA Complaints Procedure.
My commitment to regular clinical supervision and Continued Professional Development is ongoing and I hold full Disclosure Scotland. I am also a member of EAGALA Equine Assisted Psychotherapy and Human Development Scotland (HDS).
There are many different reasons why people may choose to see a therapist.
Perhaps you feel you need some time to talk through recent challenges in your life. Or there may be specific issues or symptoms that you are experiencing (with or without a diagnosis of mental ill health), that you feel you would like to begin to explore and work through.
My aim is to listen carefully to what you have to say and to support you to discover your own solutions (see What is therapy?). It is not my role to give advice. Some of the issues & people I have experience of working with include:
- complex trauma
- post traumatic stress (PTSD)
- childhood trauma & abuse
- anxiety, depression, low self esteem
- anger issues, self harm
- birth trauma, postnatal depression
- loss, bereavement
- relationship issues (individuals only)
- work/study-related stress
- individuals suffering distress as a result of torture, the criminal justice process, war
- Employee Assistance Programmes
Clinical supervision is offered face to face in Glasgow, online or by phone. I hold the COSCA Certificate in Counselling Supervision and am happy to work with any therapeutic approach/modality. A no obligation initial meeting is offered free of charge, thereafter fees are £50 per 50 minutes, concessions are available for trainees. You are welcome to contact me directly for further information.
As an EAGALA certified mental health professional in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy, I can offer sessions on an individual basis or in groups. Follow the link above for further information or contact me directly. NB. I am available to work on an ad hoc basis with equine specialists requiring an MH partner.
- COSCA Certificate in Counselling Supervision 2018
- EAGALA certification in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy Parts 1 & 2, 2016
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling & Therapeutic Care, Human Development Scotland / Glasgow Caledonian University 2013
- Birth/Postnatal Doula, Doula UK 2004
- Diploma of Education in Midwifery, Lothian College of Health Studies 1995
- General Arts MA, University of Edinburgh 1983
- Asylum Process & The Law, FfT 2019
- Risk Management, FfT 2019
- Working with Interpreters in a Therapeutic Setting, FfT 2019
- Sameness & Difference: ‘Whiteness’ and Therapy Teaching, HDS 2019
- Working with Nightmares & Dreams, Complex Trauma UK 2018
- Loss, BACP Private Practice Conference 2018
- EAGALA Network Meeting, Denton Hall Farmhouse, Brampton 2017
- The Impact of Trauma on Children, Practitioners and Services, HDScotland 2017
- Self Harm & Attachment, Maria Naranjo, SAPC 2016
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy, Inside a Session: Create, Alexandra Graves, Keemar Keemar, Jonathon Browne & John Wilson 2016
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy, Inside a Session: Movement, Alexandra Graves, Keemar Keemar, Jonathon Browne & John Wilson 2016
- The EAGALA Model, Live Demonstration: Horses Helping People, onlinevents 2016
- Working with Violence in Psychotherapy, Dr Eoin Galavan 2016
- Contact after Contact: the Treatment of Combat Related PTSD, David Harford 2016
- Trauma – the Challenge of our Age? BACP Private Practice Conference 2015
- Soldier = PTSD? Margaret Chapman 2015
- Self-care in the Face of Trauma, Michael Gavin 2015
- Reforming Narratives: Is there Life after Punishment? Prof Fergus McNeill 2014
- Young People in Conflict with the Law in Scotland, Prof Bill Whyte 2014
- Core Emotions in Recovery from Traumatic Experience, Dr Frank Corrigan & Lisa Schwarz, Wellspring 2014
- Transgenerational Trauma, Judith Fewell, SAPC 2014
- Communication-what is it?, Sheila Wandrum, SAPC 2014
- Online Counselling, OCTIA 2013, 2015, 2016
- Healing Trauma the Equine Way, Changeways 2014
- Birth Process (Castellino Model), Early Imprints 2008, 2009, 2011, 2015
- Gentle Birth Companions: a handbook for doulas and parents (Rev Ed) Wysewomen Publishing, 2014
- Birth Space Safe Place: emotional wellbeing in pregnancy & birth Findhorn Press 2009
- Birth Trauma – the psychodynamics of ruptured relationship
- Articles here and here