I am a registered psychodynamic counsellor offering individual consultations in the Dumfries area, SW Scotland. I am happy to work face to face or online.
As a member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (MBACP) and Counselling in Scotland (CMCOSCA), I adhere to the ethical guidelines of these professional bodies.
My aim is to provide a confidential service for adults and young people (16+) which embraces ‘diversity, equality and inclusivity’ (BACP).
I am also a member of the Scottish Association of Psychodynamic Counselling. My commitment to regular clinical supervision and Continued Professional Development is ongoing and I hold full Disclosure Scotland.
- post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- combat-related stress
- pregnancy issues, birth trauma, postnatal depression
- anxiety, depression, low self esteem
- loss, bereavement
- anger issues, self harm
- relationship issues
- child sexual abuse (historic)
- ‘boarding school syndrome’
- violence-related stress, sexual violence
- work or study-related stress
- EAP (Employee Assistance Programmes)
Clients I have worked with include:
- ex-service personnel (war veterans)
- emergency service workers, shift workers
- mothers, fathers, new parents
- midwives, doulas
- students, professionals
- unemployed & employed individuals
- survivors of violence, survivors of child sexual abuse
- ex-offenders, refugees
Please note: counselling services are not limited to the areas listed above, all enquiries are very welcome. To find out more, see here for booking information, fees, location and availability.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling & Therapeutic Care, Human Development Scotland/Glasgow Caledonian University 2013
- Founder, Mindful Doulas preparation course, Doula UK 2003
- Diploma of Education in Midwifery, Lothian College of Health Studies 1995
In addition to my independent practice, I have been working at a centre for survivors of sexual violence and abuse since 2012. Recent CPD days include Healing Trauma the Equine Way @ Changeways, Working Safely & Therapeutically Online & How Feelings are Expressed in Online Counselling @ OCTIA.
I have background experience in teaching and 20 years in maternity care as a midwife and as a doula (birth companion), I am also a published writer.
- Gentle Birth Companions: doulas serving humanity Solway Offset 2010
- Birth Space Safe Place: emotional wellbeing in pregnancy & birth Findhorn Press 2009